[Intel-gfx] XvMC VLD with mplayer

Zou, Nanhai nanhai.zou at intel.com
Thu Jun 25 08:40:07 CEST 2009

From: intel-gfx-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org [mailto:intel-gfx-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Charles Bovy
Sent: 2009年6月25日 14:33
To: intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: [Intel-gfx] XvMC VLD with mplayer

Hi,

I'm trying to test XvMC VLD together with mplayer. If I understood correctly, mplayer needs patch for VLD support. The only patch for mplayer I found, is a VLD patch for OpenChrome. Is this the patch I need for testing Intel XvMC VLD with mplayer?

What kind of results should I expect? Which kind of formats are supported (MPEG2, H.264?)

I'm using G45 card.

Regards,

Charles

Hi,

I think if that patch you found is against mplayer, it should work.
You could check mplayer output to see if vld mode is really enabled. And vld mode will save much more CPU than MC mode, you may check it with top command.

Currently we only support MPEG2.

Thanks
Zou Nan hai