[Intel-gfx] [Patch 0/5]: the patch set for kms about CRT/LVDS

Steven J Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Tue Mar 3 11:25:39 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 17:48 +0800, yakui_zhao wrote:
> Hi
>     the following is the patch set for KMS about CRT/LVDS. I have tested them on the
> T61 box.
>     patch 01: add the CRT save/restore for VT switch
>     patch 02: Sync crt mode_valid/mode_set with intel driver
>     patch 03: sync CRT hotplug detection with intel driver
>     patch 04: add the load-detection for CRT
>     patch 05: sync LVDS save/restore with intel driver(Of course the possible_crtcs/clones is
> added explicitly).
>

> Thanks for the comments.
>    Yakui

While you are working on this, any chance you could look at the KMS
S-Video initial detection path? For some reason TV out is detected on
boot despite not being connected. X initialisation triggers detection,
but by then xrandr has decided the screen0 is the TV out, resulting in
panels etc. being placed in the middle of the screen until X is
restarted.