[Intel-gfx] Solved - Pixel doubling at 720p via HDMI to HDTV

Zhenyu Wang zhenyu.z.wang at intel.com
Thu Mar 12 02:33:43 CET 2009

On 2009.03.11 23:22:33 +0800, The Fungi wrote:
> (though note that I'm using S/PDIF coaxial audio output to a
> separate surround receiver rather than sending audio signals over
> HDMI directly to the TV). For posterity...
>
> controller: 82G35 Express Integrated (rev 03) on ASUS P5E-VM HDMI
>
> display: Sony KDF-60XS955 HDTV (overscan removed via service menu)

We have fixed SDVO HDMI audio in 2.7 rc1 for UMS, and if you use more recent
kernel 2.6.29-rc, Intel HDMI audio support has also been in alsa.

For KMS now, I think we can always enable audio for SDVO and HDMI, as
I don't think there could be side effect on this.

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827