[Intel-gfx] Option "NoDRI"

axp axp at shacknet.at
Wed Mar 18 10:58:03 CET 2009

i915 at pci:0000:00:02.0 is responsible for 62.4% of wakeups (~850 wakeups
per second)  if i set "Option "NoDRI"" my system consumes 20 % less
power (now ~9-11W, after NoDRI ~7-8W) but mobility is gone since no
suspend works, this seems to be a known issue see:

https://launchpad.net/~x301

<quote>
Performance:

To reduce consumption and increase battery life, try this:
You could try to disable some things:
in /etc/X11/xorg.conf add:
Option "NoDRI" # breaks suspend

</quote>

Maybe this issue is fixed in newer Versions of the driver/kernel/libdrm

mhy Versions:

lenovo X301 2774-LEG
ii  libdrm-intel1
2.4.1-0ubuntu7~intrepid                 Userspace interface to
intel-specific kernel
ii  libdrm2
2.4.1-0ubuntu7~intrepid                 Userspace interface to kernel
DRM services -
ii xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.5.1-1ubuntu5~intrepid
2.6.27-13-generic amd64

Release:    8.10

P.s.: there is some intel-gfx testing ppa in Ubuntu (seems to be version
2.6 of the x-driver) but this doesn't solve the problem
Link: https://launchpad.net/~intel-gfx-testing/+archive/ppa
They seem rather outdated

another link which i haven't tried yet:
https://launchpad.net/~intellinuxgraphics-2008q4/+archive/ppa

is this issue about to being addressed in upcoming releases, or has it
been already fixed? maybe updating to a new kernel?

TIA,
Ferdinand