[Intel-gfx] Fullscreen graphical corruption on laptops with Intel graphics?

Eric Appleman erappleman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:39:45 CEST 2009

**
Hi. I have an i945 chipset and it seems that whenever I play a native
Linux game like World of Goo or a Wine-powered game Touhou in
fullscreen, I experience a rather strange problem.

The game will trigger a switch to fullscreeen, but almost the entire
left half of the screen gives funky bands of color while the right side
appears mostly normal. Furthermore, sometimes the left of the screen
will look relatively fine, but there will be a visible dividing line
between the two halves of the screen. Also, for either scenario, the
entire screen will appear speckled.

Finally, it is important that I also point out that I if use an external
LCD monitor or TV in standalone or clone mode, the problem will not
appear on that other screen.

Thanks in advance.

- Eric