[Intel-gfx] bug in connector connection status for G33

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 15:03:53 CET 2009

Hi all,
I had trouble booting with my G33 MB with KMS on and intel driver.
The reason is that even with my LCD TV attached to the VGA output (there
is only this one) it would say that there was nothing attached to VGA
(looking in the sysfs connector status for example).
The attached patch is a temporary work-around: it prevent the intel
driver to use detect_hotplug for G33, it uses detect_ddc which works
great. I filed a bug report for Ubuntu here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/467841
where you have all the needed files.
I can test some patches to get the hotplug method to work if needed.
HTH
Bye
Manu