[Intel-gfx] silliest of questions

Bob Schulman bob at rexdog.net
Mon Oct 12 05:39:28 CEST 2009

For the Intel graphics source that's available through
intellinuxgraphics.org, I cannot figure out if accelerated OpenGL is
supported through your supplied source code (available through
freedesktop.org) or not. I see that DRI is supported in the source code
base, but I don't see where OpenGL API calls are transformed into pokes of
3D registers in any of your source. Am I missing something?

>From what I can tell, OpenGL is supported for this source base through Mesa,
but I just don't see where fastpaths through (or around) the Mesa code get
set up so that accelerated rendering, using the 3D registers of whatever
Intel part has been chosen, get set up.

Can you help me understand what 3D rendering acceleration, if any, is
supplied through this, or any other Open Source, source code base? I don't
need to know which GL primitives are accelerated; I just would like to know
where in the source pool, in general, that acceleration is being effected.

Thanks much. Sorry for the trouble.

bob