[Intel-gfx] mac mini busted in the 2.9.0 release?

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Oct 14 00:33:48 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:56:40PM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 23:40:52 +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 13:22:41 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > > I just updated my desktop to the 2.9.0 release, and now it no longer
> > > works.  It's a mac mini, running with no xorg.conf file for quite some
> > > time very nicely.
> > >
> > > As you can see by the log below, for some reason the intel driver does
> > > not think that a display is attached, yet it really is.  Any ideas of
> > > what I can do to resolve this?
> >
> > Works for me on my Mac mini Core2 Duo with 2.6.32-rc4-00001-gd93a8f8,
> > no xorg.conf and the following versions from Debian Sid:
> >
> > ii  xserver-xorg-video-intel                               2:2.9.0-1
> > ii  xserver-xorg-core                                      2:1.6.4-2
>
> I rebooted into this kernel and attached my Xorg.0.log. Does your
> kernel use KMS? Mine does.

Ah, it was enabled, but not by default.  Now it is, and it works
properly!

But I lost my console, so booting is "blind" until x starts up.  And as
someone who breaks his kernel a lot, I need to see the console at boot
time.

Heck, I can't even switch to a console anymore, I do that, and the
screen goes inverted with my x display, but comes back when I switch
back.  Is that a known bug?

thanks,

greg k-h