[Intel-gfx] mac mini busted in the 2.9.0 release?

Zhenyu Wang zhenyuw at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 14 04:01:35 CEST 2009

On 2009.10.13 15:33:48 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:56:40PM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:

> > > Works for me on my Mac mini Core2 Duo with 2.6.32-rc4-00001-gd93a8f8,
> > > no xorg.conf and the following versions from Debian Sid:
> > >
> > > ii  xserver-xorg-video-intel                               2:2.9.0-1
> > > ii  xserver-xorg-core                                      2:1.6.4-2
> >
> > I rebooted into this kernel and attached my Xorg.0.log. Does your
> > kernel use KMS? Mine does.
>
> Ah, it was enabled, but not by default.  Now it is, and it works
> properly!
>
> But I lost my console, so booting is "blind" until x starts up.  And as
> someone who breaks his kernel a lot, I need to see the console at boot
> time.

The blind problem is what I described the TV detect in loading time would
always fail and caused blank screen. The suggestion is that you have to
load fbcon to use your console then.

> Heck, I can't even switch to a console anymore, I do that, and the
> screen goes inverted with my x display, but comes back when I switch
> back.  Is that a known bug?

We still can't get a mac mini here, so don't know about this issue, could
you file a bug to bugs.fd.o to mark this down?

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827