[Intel-gfx] [ARM9] OOM with plenty of free swap space?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 10:37:59 CEST 2009

Hi Wu,

Thanks a lot for taking a look :)

> 2.6.16 is a pretty old kernel.
Yes I know, and I really would like to update to a recent kernel.
However the device ships with a proprietary binary-only wlan driver
(chip is a stc4370), and I need wlan. (I can't even enable traffic
shaping, because that increases the size of sk_buff, breaking ABI).

> So the system is moderately stressed. It may be a vmscan bug,
> I'd recommend to try a recent kernel and see if things improved.
Could it be my SD card I am swapping to is broken? (although unlikely
- the device is in use for only two weeks)
What would be the sympthoms of worn out swap space?

Thanks, Clemens