[Intel-gfx] basic dri question

Avedissian, Vahe Y (AS) Vahe.Avedissian at ngc.com
Mon Sep 14 23:26:59 CEST 2009

Hi Clemens,

Thank you clarifying these points for me.

> > 2.      Other than enabling loading glx and dri modules in the
> xorg.conf
> > “Module” section, is there anything else I need to do (i.e. re-link
> my apps,
> > etc…)?
> Not really.

I ran glxgears with load glx and load dri in the module section and also without
These entries. Surprisingly, it runs a little faster WITHOUT glx and dri loaded!
That sounds wrong to me. Something is not right.

With load glx and load dri in xorg.conf
	--> glxgears peak speed is about 805FPS

After taking load glx and load dri out of xorg.conf
	--> glxgears peak speed is about 875FPS

By the way, I am testing on a Core 2 Duo pc:
	Intel Core 2 Duo T9400, 2.53 GHz
	Intel GM45 chipset with GMA X4500HD
	4GB  DDR3-1067 memory
	Intel X-25M SSD
	Fedora Core 11, x86_64

Are the performance numbers I am seeing consistent with what I should expect
From the GM45? Am I in the ball park or way off in terms of what this graphics chipset
Can do? Do I need to play with the GMA setting?

Thanks again,

Vahe