[Intel-gfx] PAL output grey

Wilfried Holzke intel-gfx at holzke.net
Thu Sep 17 22:29:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 18:40:21 +0200, Wilfried Holzke wrote:
>
>> If I try to set the TV_Format with xrandr I got an error:
>>
>>> xrandr --output TV1 --set TV_FORMAT PAL
>>
>> X Error of failed request: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
>> Major opcode of failed request: 148 (RANDR)
>> Minor opcode of failed request: 11 ()
>> Serial number of failed request: 17
>> Current serial number in output stream: 17
>>
> The property is not called TV_FORMAT with kms, it's called 'mode' (see
> xrandr --prop).

If I run "xrandr --prop" I got a list of the available video modes, that
is working. I connected the tv-out (svideo) to my terratec grabby and
select "NTSC" (for input), there I got a colored video input. How can I
change the intel card tv-out to "PAL"?

Also... I disabled "KMS" in the kernel, then I got e.g. "720x576 at 60" but
setting it with "xrandr --output TV1 --mode 720x576" does not change
anything.

Hopefully there are more hints...

regards

  Wilfried