[Intel-gfx] [Patch 0/3] DRM/I915: Use the child device array to decide whether the given HDMI/DP should be initialzied

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Mon Sep 21 04:30:29 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 04:00 +0800, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 08:53 +0800, ykzhao wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 03:20 +0800, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > > - TV seems to be device type 1009, and LFP to be 1022, but those aren't
> > > in intel_bios.h.  Would be nice to resync that with the BIOS sources.
> > It is also ok to add their definition.(TV_TYPE, LFP_TYPE). But now the
> > child device array is not used to initialize the TV/LVDS. So it is
> > unnecessary to add their definitions.
>
> I think it's desirable for LFP.  The ACPI lid presence hack we're using
> now is kind of gross, and I have at least two machines within arm's
> reach where it's just plain wrong.
Do you have such boxes? will you please give me the acpidump/vbios.dump
on these boxes?

> In particular, for mobile parts the child device array seems to always
> contain an entry for LFP_TYPE.  However, it appears that addin_offset in
> that entry is non-zero iff LVDS really is present.  I'm still collecting
> more ROMs to verify this, but so far it looks pretty consistent.
On most boxes it is reliable and can be used to decide whether the
LVDS/TV should be initialized. But after I check the vbios collected
from Jesse, I find that it is not reliable.

   On some boxes the definition of child device is incorrect. In such
case it can't be used to decide whether the LVDS/TV should be
initialized.

Thanks.