[Intel-gfx] Request for testing

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Sep 23 10:30:48 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 08:11:48AM +0200, Rémi Cardona wrote:
> Le 21/09/2009 13:27, Daniel Vetter a écrit :
> >Attached my latest kernel patch (agains drm-intel-next from Jesse) and ddx
> >patch (against latest master).
>
> Kernel patch applied and built fine, but the ddx patch didn't
> compile. Is there any chance you could upload a git branch somewhere
> with your work instead of exchanging patches via email? Or could you
> tell me which commit id you were based on when you wrote your
> patches.

Just to make sure: Have you installed the new userspace headers from the
kernel sources? I'm adding a new ioctl, so they are needed. To do so, just
run

$ make headers_install

in the patch kernel tree. This creates sanitized headers in usr (in your
local tree) for userspace. Then copy usr/include/drm/i915.h somewhere the
ddx build-system can find it.

$ sudo cp usr/include/drm/i915.h /usr/include/drm

is a quick&dirty way to achieve this.

> Talk about a cat and mouse game :)

I'll create a public git repo, but that'll take some time. I need a public
server, first ...

> Cheers,
>
> Rémi

Thanks for your effort, Daniel