[Intel-gfx] Bad performance, video flickering and system freeze with 2.11 driver on fedora 13

Camassa Valerio valerio993 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 13:07:25 CEST 2010

Hi,
i'm trying the new 2.11 driver in fedora 13 64bit. I have noticed many
dramatic problems:
     1) with 3d games (i've tried OpenArena) i have video flickering
with non native resolution. Only if i use 1280x800 i don't have the problem.
     2) Very often i have X crashes when i use 3d application and some
times all the system stop responding (i'm forced to hard shutdown my
notebook).
     3) glxgears rates 60-70 fps (with 2.10 rates 320-350 fps, that
however are very bad performance, and this problem is present with
driver version >=2.4)

With 2.10 i don't have this problem, but however i don't have very good
performance.

The system is a notebook acer aspire 5715z with intel cpu t2390 and
intel x3100 (i don't say if is a gl960 or gm965, in windows cpuz report
gl960 as chipset and gm965 as video adapter). The intel video bios
version is 1518 (system bios is insyde bios version 1.45, the latest
provided by acer for my notebook).

The system is with:
- kernel 2.6.33.2-57
(http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=167960)
- xorg-x11-drv-intel-2.11.0-1
(http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=167284)
- mesa 7.8.1-1 (http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=166505)
- libdrm 2.4.20-1
(http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=165997)

if you need more information, tell me what and I will send.

Bye.