[Intel-gfx] i915GM 2D+3D intel driver regression

SD sd.domrep at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 21:25:24 CEST 2010

Dear All.

I perfectly understand this situation. Of cause everything changes and new chipsets will appear every next year. I also like how kernel .33 works.

But, why not to split intel driver between old cards and new ones? Every one knows that it is impossible to provide full support for:
 810, i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 852GM/855GM, 865G, 915G,
 E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, Pineview GM, Pineview G,
 965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ, 965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33, GM45,
 4 Series, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41, B43, Clarkdale, Arrandale
in one driver.

Why it was difficult to compile two or may be three driver, and one of them especially with XAA module. Why it is necessary to ruin everything what left behind then move forward. Stupidest idea. And now we have nothing - awful 2D, and the same 3D.

So I have a question to everyone:
It it possible to compile old X.org with old intel driver with XAA for 6.33 kernel?

About my post, regarding Fedora 13: that problem was as well in Fedora 12, and Fedora it self is not a problem, problem UXA and new intel driver.
And I think new Ubuntu or OpenSuse (which I use right now) will have completely same behavior.

Thank you.