[Intel-gfx] 845 help

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 5 12:41:53 CEST 2010

On 2010/08/01 20:49 (GMT+0200) Rüdiger Härtel composed:

> I have a 845GL graphics chip and the driver reports nearly every time I use my
> copmuter that the GPU has hung up and acceleration is disabled. After this
> happend a restart of X - which happens when I log off and on again - is not
> possible anymore.

> Is there any information I can provide to  help finding the circumstances that
> lead to this behaviour?

> My system:
> http://www.smolts.org/show?uuid=pub_663f9f31-d4fc-4845-8d9b-04636d8df99d

I have two 11.3 845G/GL rev01 systems, one from Dell/Foxconn, the other from
Intel. On the latter, I just did startx/end (KDE4) session more than 20 times
trying (with panning) to get vertical and horizontal DPI to match (instead of
121X120).
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/xinitrc-113-t2240-1600x1200v1920
/etc/X11/xorg.conf:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/xorg.conf.0e-113-t2240-1600x1200v1920
~/.xinitrc:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/dotxinitrc-113-t2240-845G-1600x1200v1920-120x120

On the other, repeated startx/killall startkde3 seems to be no problem
either, with no ~/.xinitrc, stock /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc and this xorg.conf:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/xorg.conf.17-113-gx260-845G-1600x1200x120

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/