[Intel-gfx] how get drm-intel-next into a stable kernel

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Thu Aug 5 20:47:29 CEST 2010

Any suggestions of patches to test for those of us still experiencing
eDP problems? I've seen a bunch fly by the list, but it's been unclear
to me which were supposed to address what issues, or how successful any
of them were.

I was able to get 2.6.34 to work on my Dell E6510 by reverting
885a5fb5b120a5c7e0b3baad7b0feb5a89f76c18 as suggested in
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2010-May/006948.html
This no longer works on 2.6.35 (black screen after starting X).

Even with that patch reverted on 2.6.34, I still ran into problems after
suspend: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/596080
I can hibernate as a work-around, but that often takes several minutes.