[Intel-gfx] Intel 82Q35 problem

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 00:36:41 CEST 2010

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 23:20:42 +0200, Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl> wrote:
> Via a Fedora mailing list I was redirected to this list to post my
> problem.
[snip]
> So, at the point of the comment, the primary display becomes black
> and from then on all output is redirected to the secondary display,
> including subsequent X sessions.
>
> In the dmesg output I also see:
>
> [drm] set up 7M of stolen space
> [drm:intel_init_bios] *ERROR* VBT signature missing
> [drm] failed to find VBIOS tables

This looks like an interesting regression where KMS is unable to find the
modes for the panel. Hmm, is it a panel, or another external display?

I apologise for redirecting you again....

You have a bug, please can you file one on http://bugs.freedesktop.org/
under Xorg,Driver/Intel and attach the full dmesg (if you can set
drm.debug=0xc on the boot command line that would be a bonus), Xorg.log
[KMS], and xrandr --verbose under KMS and UMS (the older software).

The first question to answer is just how UMS is able to driver the 15"
display. Hopefully then what is missing in KMS will be apparent.
Thanks.