[Intel-gfx] Intel Pineview 3150 DPMS not working (monitor does not power off)

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 23:03:58 CEST 2010

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 09:31:10 -0600, Brian Hall <hallbw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this a known problem with Intel KMS, or the xf86-video-intel driver? Just
> trying to figure out if I need to file a bug report against the kernel or
> xorg.

No, that sounds very much like a bug. Worth checking to see if we can
power down any other monitors from that machine. Can you file a bug (I
have a slight preference for bugs.fd.o) and attach d dmesg with
drm.debug=0xc for the powerdown sequence, xrandr --verbose,
intel_reg_dumper before and after dpms off.

I suspect that the registers will in fact be programmed correctly and this
will be quite a mystery to solve.