[Intel-gfx] Problems configuring unique xorg.conf file

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 12:47:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to configure a rather obscure resolution (800x480) which is the
native resolution for my monitor.  The monitor doesn't provide EDID or DDC
information (it's connected over VGA).  And the default settings by the
driver produces displays that don't fit the monitor properly.  I would like
to construct a xorg.conf file with appropraite vertical refresh rates, horizontal
syncs, and/or modelines to work correctly with the monitor.  However, there
doesn't seem a way to turn off the driver defaults for those items. I tried options
like NoDDC, UseEDID, etc with no luck.  I also tried using xrandr to change
resolutions after X has started.  The results end up being worse than the
intial problem I was trying to fix (ie: the screen is bigger than the area
available to display it).  I expect my inability to find a suitable solution
is due to my lack of knowledge -- so I hope someone can fill me in to what
I am missing.  Thanks in advance,

Nasa

Chipset:  945GM
Model:  MB899 Intel Core Single/Duo Mini-Itx Motherboard 945GM
Monitor:  Lilliput EBY-701
Driver:  intel
OS:  Meego (IVI image)