[Intel-gfx] Intel 965 and Custom Resolutions

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 30 18:44:49 CEST 2010

----- "Lucas" <lucas at dmglobal.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Pardon me if this has been discussed before but I sure as heck can’t
> find the answer.  Perhaps my googling skills aren’t good enough.
>

> Anyway, I have an AOpen DE 965-HG mini PC that has – surprise! – Intel
> 965 graphics.  It has an HDMI-out port which I have connected to my
> 42” plasma Panasonic TV.  The TV is a little old (circa 2005) so it
> apparently reports the wrong EDID information.   It also needs to be
> adjusted for overscan.  When I try to run Linux (any kind, but
> currently Ubuntu 10.04) X server it picks up the wrong resolution.
> With a different computer (NVidia graphics chip) I was able to disable
> EDID checking to set my custom Modeline.  I can’t seem to be able to
> do that with the Intel driver.  It ignores my custom resolution and
> gives me the first of two incorrect resolutions.
>

> Could somebody please guide me in how to disable EDID so that I can
> view my TV in all its HD glory?

Funny thing,

I tried to find out the same info -- with no success.  The only possible
solution is to try and use xrandr to change the resolution after X is
started.  Use a combination of CVT (to create modelines) and xrandr to
to change the resolutions.

Nasa

BTW: I'm still working on that for my monitor (check earlier thread started
by me)