[Intel-gfx] General Purpose Programming GPU/(G)MCH

£ukasz blurrpp at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 08:27:46 CET 2010

Hi I have few basic questions about programming intel 945GM/965 chipsets. Offcourse 945GM doesnt have GPU but as i noticed by reading its linux drier source can be programed aswell.
My first question is where in CPU memory area is window for displayed graphics ( there are few registers MMADR=e8400000h(19-31), GMADR=d0000000(28-31) chich can control it, but my experimenting with them and memory pointed by them didnt bring any resoults) like for example for VGA A0000-BFFFF where i can control number of window by suitable registers. Maybe is there some book ro program graphics on intel ?

Secund question is about GPU "direct" programming. Supouse that i have assembler program writen in opcodes somewhere in host(CPU) memory ( shape of this program is topic on another question )how to to start this program on some EU in GPU ( copy to graphics memory, and set some register, lets call it EIP/RIP on GPU, to start this program ). If there is some simple example of such working programm ?

Third one, is there possibility to make some general purpouse commputing on 945GM, there is not much about it in intel manuals ( on linux intel graphics not much either), and if its true how to do it ( again how to force chip to make claculations etc. )

I will be welcome to any advices, books etc.

Luke