[Intel-gfx] screen is set to maximum brightness on initramfs module load

Ali Gholami Rudi aliqrudi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 08:25:57 CET 2010

Hi,

Pedro Ribeiro <pedrib at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have added the i915 module to my initramfs, with lvds_downclock=1
> and modeset=1.
>
> When the module gets loaded during the boot process, the screen is set
> from the original BIOS brightness to maximum brightness.

I'm facing the same problem.  Any improvements?

I had a look at intel_lvds.c.  I've tried passing something smaller than
intel_lvds_get_max_backlight() to intel_lvds_set_backlight() in
intel_lvds_set_power() but that changed the maximum brightness altogether
(ie. when at maximum brightness according to
backlight/acpi_video0/max_brightness in sysfs, it was not that bright).
So I guess *after* i915 is up a call should be made to restore the default
value.

	Ali