[Intel-gfx] 2D accel for i915/i5-661?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 00:16:10 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Rémi Cardona <remi at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Le 02/02/2010 23:28, Mark Knecht a écrit :
>> Now I remember what happens. With no xorg.conf at all the built-in
>> config fails as it looks for the wrong Intel drivers...
>
> Your drivers are too old for your chipsets. You'll need the X stack from
> Gentoo unstable (~arch) along with a much newer kernel.
>
> Chances are, you might even need xf86-video-intel 2.10 which is
> currently package.masked.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rémi

In that case I guess I'll just wait for new stable at some future
date. The system works - mostly - and I don't want to deal with
~amd64.

I was thinking I could copy the built-in xorg.conf to a file and maybe
add an i915 device, but as I say things are mostly working so I think
I'll just try using the computer instead of spending all my time
configuring it!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Mark