[Intel-gfx] Reporting GPU hung bugs

Geir Ove Myhr gomyhr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 21:03:37 CET 2010

>> > Sorry Geir, ever since hang check started resetting the gpu on hangs we've lost
>> > the utility of dumping, the dumps you have captured contain no information. :(
>
> If you look earlier today, I've a patch in circulation that
> increases the amount of information captured in i915_error_state. It's not
> perfect yet, many crashes that I'm looking at currently are seemingly
> unrelated to the currently executing batch...

So I take it that this (together with Sven's reply) to mean that dumps
taken with kernels 2.6.32 and 2.6.33 are useless. We also have a lot
of dumps from 2.6.31, but I suppose the kernel is too old in that
case. Right?

> Please test:
>  drm/i915: Record batch buffer following GPU error

I read through the patch, but I don't speak drm/i915 very well. Where
does it record the batchbuffer dump? I can build some Ubuntu test
kernels with the patch so that people with freeze problems can capture
this information if this is useful for you.

Geir Ove