[Intel-gfx] Green flicker with video overlay

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de
Thu Feb 25 08:23:37 CET 2010

Hi,

I tried again 2.10 and the 2D performance regression with compositing I
noticed before seems to be gone.

However, I get a disturbing green flicker as a horizontal stripe
sometimes when using video overlay.  It is most noticable when watching
TV in MythTV, where it seems to be connected to decoding errors due to
bad DVB-T receiption. It is also visible in VLC if I enable
deinterlacing and use the video overlay XV adaptor. The flicker also
doesn't happen when I disable deinterlacing in MythTV.

Any hints how to solve this? The reason for using video overlay instead
of textured video is the disturbing tearing with compositing enabled.

I use kernel 2.6.33, xorg-intel 2.10, libdrm 2.4.18 and xserver 1.7.5.

Regards,
Tino