[Intel-gfx] Removing DRI1 from Intel dri driver

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sat Jan 2 22:26:38 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have a patch series here:

  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~krh/mesa/log/?h=remove-dri1

to remove DRI1 support from the Intel DRI driver. The Intel DDX no
longer supports DRI1 and it makes sense to remove DRI1 support from
the DRI driver as well.  I split it up in a series of commits, with
the first one taking the DRI1 (legacy) extension out of the list of
Intel driver extensions.  The remaining commits removed pieces of DRI1
only code bit by bit.  It should be all dead code, but I did it
piecewise so we can bisect if something breaks in the DRI2 path.

There is also a big commit to rename the remaining
__DRI{screen,drawable,context}Private to
__DRI{screen,drawable,context}.  It's a leftover from when I reworked
the DRI driver interface for DRI2.  I merged the Private and
non-private structs (it's all private now) and I just left a typedef
in the code to avoid having to do a massive rename.  That was probably
stupid and I decided to do the rename now - it turned out to be a
one-line find+sed job...  It's straight forward and I don't expect it
to clash with anybodys outstanding work, but I figured I'd mention it
on the list before merging.

Any objections?

cheers,
Kristian