[Intel-gfx] TV detect

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Tue Jan 5 03:48:42 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 10:17 +0800, Peter Clifton wrote:
> Does anyone know what the expected (s-video output) electrical waveforms
> for a "correct" load-detect look like (with / without output connected).

We don't care the electrical waveform for the "correct" load-detection.
In fact this is handled by hardware. And we only use the TV status
register to decide which TV type is connected.

> I can probably hook up a scope in the lab to verify whether they are
> getting out of the chip OK.
>
> Do the DAC outputs sit at 0.7V DC? What are the timing requirements for
> the sensing?
Using 0.7V DC in DAC output is defined in spec.

The doc can be found in
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html

> I see a few possibilities for the miss-detection..
>
> 1. Not waiting long enough for the load detect pipe's PLLs to come up
> before trying to use it to detect the TV-connection.

Have you tried to add more waiting time and see whether the TV is
detected correctly on your box?