[Intel-gfx] Intel driver (libdrm) crashing after 6 hours?

Kristian Erikson kristian at erikson.dk
Thu Jan 7 08:54:55 CET 2010

Hi everybody :)

I work for eyemagnet, an open source digital signage company.

We are running a Fedora 11 based distribution, and when our systems
are online for more than 6 hours, X always crashes. Most immediately
we see Compiz crash, so we have been recording the errors by attaching
the GDB debugger and doing back-traces of the Compiz process.

3 out of 4 of these crashes in general was traced back to libdrm,
hence why I'm sending you this email now. I have attached the crashes
we recorded in the hope it proves useful. From what I can see all the
crashes occur when trying to allocate more memory for some reason. Do
you guys know of problems like this one already? Is there
anything else I can provide you guys with to try fix this or find the
source of the problem?

We have systems that run using the ATi and Nvidia driver stacks, and
they do not suffer the same problem of regular crashes. Therefore
we're certain that the issue is somehow related the Intel driver
stack.

Thanks in advance
Kristian Erikson