[Intel-gfx] Screen flickering with latest Intel driver & kernel

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Wed Jan 20 02:07:13 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 08:02 -0700, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to switch to KMS and use the latest kernel (git head from 1.15.2010) and
> the latest indel driver and libdrm (both git head from 1.15.2010).
>
> Firefox has started to flicker with web pages. It is visible on these pages:
> http://www.rcfogli.cz/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=24995#24995
> http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/P1000035.JPG
>
> is it something known? Maybe bad FIFO & Watermark allocation? Wrong FBC?

Can you open a new bug on  https://bugs.freedesktop.org ?The
corresponding category is :  Product=xorg. Component=Driver/intel.

Please also attach the following output.

   a. intel_reg_dumper
   b. Xorg.0.log

It will be great if you can try the linux-2.6.33-rc4 kernel and attach
the output of dmesg after adding the boot option of "drm.debug=0x06".

Thanks.
   Yakui