[Intel-gfx] screen is set to maximum brightness on initramfs module load

Pedro Ribeiro pedrib at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 23:54:10 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have added the i915 module to my initramfs, with lvds_downclock=1
and modeset=1.

When the module gets loaded during the boot process, the screen is set
from the original BIOS brightness to maximum brightness.
Adjusting the brightness with any of the keys (up or down) restores it
instantly (without any intermediate steps) to the original brightness
during the BIOS booting (much lower than 100%).
If the module gets loaded with X, this does not happen - brightness
stays the same as during the boot process.

Is this expected behaviour?

My chipset is GM45 and I'm on a Lenovo T400.

Regards,
Pedro