[Intel-gfx] power usage increased from 2.6.32.x to 2.6.31.4

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Mon Jan 25 02:27:12 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 02:34 +0800, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just wanted to share my experience - I've realized that when my
> laptop is idle (blank screensaver) the power usage jumped 2w from
> 2.6.32.x to 2.6.32.4.
> Before I was getting 10w idle, now im getting around 12w.

Hi, Pedro
    Which tool do you use to test the power usage? Can you describe it
clearly?

    Will you please also attach the output of intel_reg_dumper, dmesg on
the 2.6.32.x and 2.6.32.4 kernel? Please add the boot option of
"drm.debug=0x06" when getting the dmesg. The intel_reg_dumper tool can
be found in http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/app/ . (After
you download it, you can compile it by using the following procedure:
   >autogen.sh
   >./configure;
   >make;
   >make install )