[Intel-gfx] Need to add a quirk to xserver-xorg-video-intel

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:31:01 CEST 2010

Hi Chris,

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Chris Wilson wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 13:26:11 -0500 (CDT), "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabrbedd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm needing to add a quirk to xf86-video-intel.  It looks
>> like I can get the first two columns from lspci
>> (chipType, subsysVendor == [VEND:CHIP])...
>
> I have to ask: why do you need a quirk in the userspace code? Mode
> setting and output detection is now done in the kernel and it may just be
> that the TV detection code is inadequate for your setup. Please do file a
> bug with the details of the problem and the workaround you have found.

I'm forced to use some older stuff:

     2.6.31 kernel
     2.9.1 xf86-video-intel

The newer KMS drivers break some things on my old system.

Meanwhile, I have a couple of machines that will always
report "Output TV connected" when doing a soft reboot --
whether there's a cable connected or not.  This messes up
the desktop resolution.

Let me know if you have a better solution.

-gabriel