[Intel-gfx] need advices for chipset 82845G/GL

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 23 03:07:14 CEST 2010

On 2010/07/22 23:49 (GMT+0200) david gastao composed:

> I've got a Fujistu/Siemens Amilo L6820 with one of the Intel video chipset, 82845G/GL.
> I'm with the Linux distribution Ubuntu 10.04 and i've got video issues

What make and model and size and type and resolution is your display?

> (black screen time by time,

How long is "by time "?

> really bad video streaming).

Streaming using which application?

> Can you advice me which driver i should use to fix that pls?

10.04 automatically uses correct video driver for legacy Intel video. By
default, it has no video configuration file as in past versions
(/etc/X11/xorg.conf). If you need special settings you can make one with
those settings in it.

> It would be so helpfull.

http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/xorg.0.log-t2240-i845G-buntu1004 is
/var/log/Xorg.0.log from my computer with Intel motherboard and i845G video
and Kubuntu 10.04. Maybe you can compare to yours for clues to problems. Mine
seems OK. It uses a Sony/Dell Trinitron CRT.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/