[Intel-gfx] i915: How to set the AVI InfoFrame on a HDMI output?

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Mon Jul 26 20:36:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to play with some different AVI InfoFrame settings for the
HDMI output on my DG45FC (G45 Intel graphics hardware, HDMI connector on
the motherboard) but I can't seem to find any references to it in the
i915 driver or in the programming specs.

drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_sdvo.c has code for setting an avi infoframe
for hdmi outputs, but it doesn't seem to be used on my board (I tried
sprinkling some printk's in there). I guess it's only for ADD2 type
addon boards?

So far I'm guessing that drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_hdmi.c is
responsible but there is no code in there that deals with the avi
infoframe and I haven't been able to find anything in the programming
manuals from the intel linux graphics website.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

And on a related note, does anyone know if the hardware supports HDMI
CEC and where I might find the relevant hardware documentation?

--
David Härdeman