[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.11.901

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:53:28 CEST 2010

Hi Carl,

> In the future, I think the right thing to do is to put the driver back
> into the X server repository. That would eliminate this problem
> entirely, (for future versions), and bisecting either X server or driver
> problems would work just fine.

I don't see what that would change - in both ways the whole X stack
has to be recompiled.

On the other hand, at least I am not willed to recompile the whole X
userland just to give driver prereleases a try - as I did the past few
releases.
Wasn't that one of the main reasons why drivers were moved out of the
xorg distribution?

- Clemens