[Intel-gfx] _PIXEL_CLOCK define in edid.h (GM45 chipset)

Alan DuBoff aland at softorchestra.com
Mon Mar 1 18:43:27 CET 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:10:09 -0800 (PST)
> Alan DuBoff <aland at softorchestra.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Jesse Barnes wrote:
>>
>>> The driver should get _PIXEL_CLOCK from an X server include.  Maybe
>>> you don't have the X server development headers installed?
>>>
>>> Jesse
>>
>> I will check when I get to the client, but are you saying the
>> header is different for the development package than it is for
>> the regular X headers?
>>
>> That doesn't seem right to me.
>
> No I'm saying maybe you don't have the right X server headers
> installed:
>
> [jbarnes at jbarnes-piketon xserver]$ grep PIXEL_CLO hw/xfree86/ddc/edid.h
> #define _PIXEL_CLOCK(x) (x[0] + (x[1] << 8)) * 10000
> #define PIXEL_CLOCK _PIXEL_CLOCK(c)
>
> That's from git, but _PIXEL_CLOCK is an old define, so you should be
> able to find a server suitable for your needs that has it.

I'll check that out, but MontaVista Linux 6, OpenSuSE 11.1, and
Debian Lenny (stable) all had a different edid.h which didn't
have that define. BTW, there is a bunch of defines that are
missing, _PIXEL_CLOCK is just one of them.

I'll check when I get over to the client.

--

Alan DuBoff - Software Orchestration
http://www.softorchestra.com:8080/roller/blog/