[Intel-gfx] Toshiba A505-S6005 HM55 Graphics help

Florian Mickler florian at mickler.org
Wed Mar 3 23:44:59 CET 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 19:19:30 -0500
"John \(K3JAE\)" <jaetling at k3jae.com> wrote:

> Greetings all;

? :)

try sending this to the intelgfx list:
intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org  (cc added)

there are many intel employed driver hackers which shurely can give you
an pretty and to the point answer.

i for one have a 965gm and it is well supported.

> I certainly hope someone can assist me on this problem.
>
> I have a Toshiba A505-S6005 (64bit)
> It carries the HM55 (on the Intel i3) chip for video.

don't know the intel products that well...
this is the official intel graphics on linux site:
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/

> Kernel running is 2.6.32 as not sure if Fedora has issued a .33 update I
> keep reading about.

stay with what fedora gives you... that way, you can be reasonable
shure, that it should work.

> Not sure what else is needed so if something else is needed please ask.
>
> Attempting to find a driver for Fedora 12 so this can run properly.
>
> I have about 2 weeks experience with Linux as a whole but have been in the
> computer industry as a whole for 30+ years.
>
> I am looking for a pre-packaged driver that I can use as just reading this
> forum leaves me babbling. I am truly clueless for the most part related to
> the technical discussions taking place here. I am not a programmer therefore
> I cannot just simply write one or edit one as I have no clue how to even
> attempt it let alone complete it.

in linux, you trust the distribution to provide you with a well tested
software ensemble, so don't mess with 3rd party packages.. that is
generally asking for trouble.

> Can someone assist in this area or point me top where I may get a verified
> and working package? I have tried a few and none work. Last driver attempted
> was xf86-intel-2.10.0 with no success.
>
> John

someone on the list probably can provide you with the necessary
information.

hth,
Flo