[Intel-gfx] GM45 and Full-HD video

Claudio claudiomkd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 15:33:24 CET 2010

Hello,

I just got a new Full-HD video recording capable camera, and I was testing
the video on my Vaio SR11M. I have a Debian Sid, I am using the 2.6.33.1
kernel and the Intel driver 2.9.1. Xserver core is 7.5.902. Intel claims in
their website that the Intel GM45 graphics card is capable or playing back
full-hd (1080p) video.

I just copied the video onto my laptop, and it goes really slow and the
audio is totally out of sync. I have tried mplayer, ffplay and totem, but I
always get the same result. The CPU is, however, at 800MHZ (lowest state)
and only 6%. The video has been recorded using 1920x1080 at 25fps.

I tested the same video on a Mac, and it goes smooth. So it is not a matter
of my camera, but it is my Linux graphics stack. Do I need driver 2.11.0 for
playing back Full-HD video on my Debian Sid?

My processor is a Core 2 Duo P8400 and I've got 4GB of RAM, but I don't
think this matter to this issue.

Could you give me some hint? Or is it just that the GM45 is not that good as
Intel claims on their website?

--
Claudio M. Camacho
http://www.claudiocamacho.org