[Intel-gfx] Patch review

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed May 5 20:25:27 CEST 2010

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:28:22 +0100, Peter Clifton <pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> I've sent three patches to the list for review recently, and posed a
> question about possible buggy palette handling. Two of the patches I
> sent fix bugs (one "real", one a build issue), and there is a one
> clean-up.
>
> I've had no replies on any issue yet. I would appreciate if someone
> could take a quick look and ACK / NAK the patches.

Hi Peter,

For my part at least, I was on vacation last week, (and a bit swamped
before that). I'm coming out of that now and already have your "Graphics
Corruption Issues" patch tagged to review and commit soon.

> If you want me to go away and file bug-reports, and attach the patches,
> I'll do it, but these are simple issues - and if people would pick up
> and commit the patches I've sent, it saves me a lot of time fighting
> bugzilla.

I prefer email myself as well. One thing that does help is that if you
want to follow-up to ask about a specific patch that seems to have been
missed, if you do it as a reply to the mail then that helps.

For example, I believe that the "graphics corruption issues" patch is
one you are referring to. And I'm guessing that "Fix out of tree builds"
is the build issue. But I don't know what the third issue was.

> It was me who "discovered" the TV-out logic on the Cantiga platforms
> seem to require a "0" in the state-change detection enable bits, but I
> see I got no credit for that detective work in the eventual patch Zhao
> Yakui worked up once with access to the HW specs / BIOS code.

That is unfortunate. It would definitely be preferable to have
everyone's contribution noted.

> PS.. Wouldn't it be nice to get some of that reference BIOS code opened
> up?

I agree that it would be quite nice.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com