[Intel-gfx] i915GM+vertical RR+FPS+OpenGL

SD sd.domrep at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 03:14:47 CEST 2010

Dear All.

Sorry to disturb you again.
When I start glxgears on Fedora 13, it tells me that application and suppose to be OpenGL, now synchronized to Vertical Refresh Rate (VRR), which in my case - laptop LCD = 60. And it also tells me that FPS should be ~ the same. Good. No problem with it.

But when I start it - I got only ~25FPS.
When i start to play a movie in different window, then glxgears gives me really nearly 60 (58,xxx)FPS.

Question is why so. If it sync. now to VRR why I do not get 60FPS always?
I notice that conpiz as well not really smooth and it can be like that because FPS = 25 and not 60.

Can someone explain me that.

Thanks.