[Intel-gfx] Game locking up machine on i915 - please confirm/object it's gfx related

Robert Huitl freedesktop at huitl.de
Fri May 7 15:10:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

can somebody with an i915 or similar chip please download and run the game at
http://www.clonkx.de/rage/cr_full_linux.tar.bz2. When I run it, it starts
relatively small game data, and loading will never finish. Instead, the system
will become VERY unresponsive, VT switches take seconds up to minutes, and
eventually the system will lock up (although SysRq still works).

I'm not sure if this problem is related to the video driver, but considering
that there are some nasty bugs left in the video driver, I figured asking here
might be worth a try.

Of course, it could be that the game code is buggy. On the other hand, I tried
running the predecessor game Clonk Endeavour (awesome game, btw!) in Wine, and
it has exactly the same problem as the Linux version. It works fine when
booting into Windows, so the hardware is perfectly capable of running it.

I'm running 2.6.34-rc6, xf86-video-intel git Apr 29, and libdrm git Apr 5 on a
Thinkpad X41 with an Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express
Graphics Controller (rev 03).

Thanks,
  Robert