[Intel-gfx] Intel poor performance in simple OpenGL program

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues DiĆ³genes cerdiogenes at gmail.com
Tue May 11 02:40:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm reading the book Beginning OpenGL Programming and running the
examples in GNU/Linux. When I come to lights I find that the Intel hw
has a very poor performance to deal with dynamic lights. I also run
the application in Windows to certify that wasn't a driver problem.

The application that I run can be found here:
http://people.gnome.org/~carlosd/lights.tar.gz (43k)

In my notebook, my main machine, I have an Intel GMA 4500M. lspci list
it as Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics
Controller.

I also have a desktop computer with a GeForce 7300 LE and this example
runs smooth.

I just want to know if this is the expected result or there is
something that I can do to improve performance when using dynamic
lights?

Best regards,
Carlos.