[Intel-gfx] Is there a driver tree/kernel combo that works on mobile arrandale/ironlake?

Zhenyu Wang zhenyuw at linux.intel.com
Mon May 24 04:10:09 CEST 2010

On 2010.05.21 07:59:53 -0700, Jeffrey Baker wrote:
> Just got a laptop in the mail and no existing Linux distribution that
> I've tried works on it.  It appears to be Xorg bug #27471 (ubuntu bug
> #554569).  Unfortunately it makes the laptop totally useless as the
> internal panel is disabled on boot, KMS doesn't work, and the 2.10.0
> driver doesn't work without KMS.

As from commit b91ad0ec52770dcb622b94fc1f57e076686f427a, I tried to
use optimized PLL parameters for different reference clock, and explicitly
check SSC frequence from BIOS table. So maybe some broken BIOS has wrong
SSC flag setting, as noted on that bug track upgrading BIOS fixed problem
for one reporter. Sorry I don't have x201 or x201s to check this out, have
you tried new BIOS update?

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827