[Intel-gfx] Modesetting bug on 945GSE (Atom N270) with Chris Wilson's drm-intel-next kernel

Simon Farnsworth simon.farnsworth at onelan.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 18:44:49 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm seeing an interesting bug on 945GSE, and I have absolutely no idea where
to start looking. I'm trying to deal with performance issues on this platform,
so I'm updating to master of as many bits as possible, to see if they're
better.

drm-intel-next as of a17577c9 (not tried older versions yet) is consistently
rendering to the middle third or so of the screen only; this is happening in
X, as well as in inteldrmfb during boot.

Has anyone seen anything similar? I'm going to try and see if I can find a
working version, then bisect my way to a faulty commit, but if the symptom is
familiar, a clue would be welcomed.

--
Thanks,

Simon Farnsworth