[Intel-gfx] please revert 869184a675662bddcdf76c5b95665272facff2b8 ASAP

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:06:23 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:18:44 +1000, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This commit breaks the eDP panel on the my HP Elitebook 2540p,
>> reverting it brings the panel back to life.
>
> Happy to test the revert just as soon as I work out what the equivalent
> commit is in my tree... ;-)
> -Chris

oops

869184a675662bddcdf76c5b95665272facff2b8

must have sent the revert commit id locally or something ;-)

drm/i915/dp: use VBT provided eDP params if available

Looks like trusting the BIOS is a bad plan, also that commit seems to
do a lot more than just use some VBT values, probably needs more
splitting up from jbarnes.

Dave.