[Intel-gfx] intel_gpu_top decode..

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 13:47:45 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 12:41 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 15:27 -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> > Of this, I'd say that you're spending a surprising amount of time in
> > texture fetch.  Finding ways to reduce texture bandwidth may pay off,
> > assuming that (texture fetch / sampler cache) is the percentage of the
> > time you're cache missing.  I'm not sure if that's true or not, though.
> > And you said that this data was just for the line drawing, which didn't
> > appear to have any texturing going on at all, so I'm just confused.
>
> Indeed, I'm not using texturing at all!

Well - actually, I'm setting texture coordinates for all vertices,
specifically to pass data to the vertex and pixel shader. I've got the
code running with the fixed function vertex pipeline (no shader), and
unfortunately can't recall whether or not this was the case I sent you
the profile for. I don't recall it making much of a difference though.

Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,
University of Cambridge,