[Intel-gfx] PCH eDP fixes

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 12:00:11 CEST 2010

On Thu,  7 Oct 2010 16:01:05 -0700, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> Here's the set of PCH eDP fixes I came up with once I received my Sony
> Vaio.  I found a few, non-PCH issues in the process, and took the
> opportunity to enhance our eDP support to avoid most of the DP training
> if the VBIOS gives us good data.

I didn't see how you confirmed that it was good data rather than just
conservative, power hungry values ;-) Nevertheless, getting eDP to light
up is a massive step forward on those machines.

Applied (after smoke testing on my non-eDP machines) to -next with some
minor amendments (style and compiler warnings).

Thanks Jesse, and to everyone who tested the various hacks, maybe there is
some light at the end of the eDP tunnel!