[Intel-gfx] Disable load detection / force external VGA output

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 00:01:15 CEST 2010

All,
I'm trying to find an option (xrandr or boot time, either way) to
disable the load detection on the intel 965M and force external VGA
output.  It sounds like ATI has an xrandr option for this (--set
load_detection 1) and am hoping for a matching ability.  Does anyone
know of such an option?  If not then please consider this a feature
request or let me know where the tracker is for me to make such a
request.

Cheers,
Thomas

P.S.
I am _not_ familiar with graphics tools, please let me know any
additional info you desire and commands (glxinfo | grep ...?) to
obtain said info.
FYI, this is needed due to a VGA to RCA (optionally S-Video) converter
that won't trigger the load detector.